Tuesday, April 28, 2015

My Makeup Essentials

I've recently found seven things that will most likely stay in my makeup routine for a long time. I'm no where near being a professional makeup artist, but these products work for me and I love them! These are all drugstore!



I know it's and extremely long name, but it works. I love this stuff. I'm constantly buying backups and I use it day and night. I have VERY oily skin and this doesn't make my skin any oilier than it already is. For oily skin the main reason it can get so oily is because your skin thinks it needs to hydrate it self. It's better to use a light moisturizer day and night so you can limit the amount of oil that your face produces. 

I really like this foundation. I normally rotate my foundations, but I think I will stick with this one this summer. I like that it matches my skin after I've gotten sun and it's very light. I don't like having a lot of coverage in the summer, I like having more of my skin show and I don't like feeling like I have a mask on. I will say though that after using two oil blotting sheets it does come off of my nose, but that's expected, haha!

I've been using this blush since I was in 6th grade and I've loved it ever since. It matches my fair skin very well. I would highly recommend this if you want a very light blush.

This is one of the most important products in my makeup routine/ collection. This matches my eyebrows perfectly and I don't want to bother using anything different. Because of my red hair it's hard to find a red that isn't too "red velvet" and too brown. This stays in place and because it is a powder it looks very natural.

I use this religiously. My mom and I have always sworn by this. I don't think I will use anything other than this unless they stop making it. It keeps my eyebrows in place all day and I just love it.

I love this stuff so much. I use it underneath my eyes and on my acne spots. I love concealer and I don't think I will ever use anything else.

I don't like using this mascara by itself because it weighs my lashes down. When it is with another mascara it works wonders. It volumizes your lashes when you use something else with it and it really separates your lashes. I love to clean the spoolies and use them to separate my lashes when I'm done using mascara, but I really love using them to comb out my eyebrows and shape them.

I'd love to know any of your makeup essentials in the comments!
Thanks so much for reading and I'd love if you'd follow me!
XOXO Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!