lables posts

Friday, May 1, 2015

The Liebster Award


I'm so excited to say that I was nominated to do this!
I was nominated by Mallory from Mallory At The Plaza and thank you so much Mallory it's been a ton of fun to do!
 It's such a clever idea and it brings the blogging community even closer. The Liebster award helps bloggers reach out to each other and it helps expand our blogs. You can also learn more things about the bloggers you are reading! Here is an article explaining the whole process (here).
The rules are fairly easy:
_______________________________________________________________
Rules
-Thank and link the blogger(s) that have nominated you.
-Nominate at least 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who you think deserve the award. Make sure to link their blogs!
-Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
-Write 11 new questions for the people you are nominating.
-Notify your nominees.
_______________________________________________________________

Here are the questions Mallory left for her eleven nominees!

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
This has actually taken a long time for me to come up with, but I'd have to say Chicken Artichoke Pasta. I know it's totally weird, but I love it so much! The recipe is (here).

What's your favorite way to spend a day off?
I love spending a day cleaning and organizing my room. I can't stand when my room is messy. I feel so unorganized and my mind is just buzzing with the things I need to get done. I do though like to just lay around and watch YouTube videos and read all the blogs I follow!

What is your favorite place you've ever traveled to?
Hands down Washington D.C. I'm SO obsessed with that place! My family and I are always going down to the beach, but last summer we went to D.C. and I fell in love. I love it so much that I was going through pictures in my phone during class and started to get teary eyed because I missed it so much. Lets just say my friends thought I had lost it, haha!

What's your favorite thing about blogging?
I have so many reasons, but I'll shorten it to my top three.
I love that I have a voice. I'm normally very shy around people and I don't like to speak up in front of large groups. With blogging though I can say what I want without my face turning red and my heart beating quickly. I also love the idea of helping people. When I was 10 or 11 I went searching YouTube for makeup tutorials (I was a hot mess when I started getting into makeup and I still kind of look like one, haha!) I found Elle and Blair Fowler and some other YouTubers. Ever since I've been watching makeup, hair, and outfit tutorials. It had recently introduced me to the blogging community. Which I enjoy a little more than the YouTube community. It's almost my way of giving back everyday because I can help people with things by giving them tips and tricks. Lastly it's just a ton of fun for me. I love being creative. I don't think I could ever grow up and do a job where you sit in an office and just work on the computer. It's just not for me. I love art and writing and expressing my opinions and this is a way I can do that. Granted I am in front of the computer a lot, but I'm doing creative things and I enjoy what I do.

Who is your celebrity girl crush?
I would have to say Blake Lively. I mean who doesn't love her, she's an amazing actress and has the most handsome husband. Who wouldn't want to be her?! Just to throw it out there my celebrity guy crush has to be Dylan O'Brien. I mean honestley who doesn't think he's SUPER hot!

Would you rather spend the day at the beach or the lake?
Beach. I've grown up going to the beach my whole life. Ever since I was one or two my family and I have been going to South Caronlina or Florida and we just stay there for almost a week. I love the sound of the ocean and the warm weather. Lakes also give me the heebie jeebies. I went with a friend a couple years ago and we were floating on rafts, I then felt something slimy go under my foot, which I'm saying was a fish, and I've been scared ever since.

If you were an animal what animal would you be and why?
Does my dog count? He's an animal of course, but just solely him. I probably would want to be my dog, Sosa (yes, he's named after the baseball player), because his life is so easy. He gets to lay in bed all day, go on two walks a day (sometimes only one), he gets a warm bed at night, and he's 100% spoiled. He has like the perfect life, haha!

If you could swap closets who would it be with?
Kate Middleton or Sarah Vickers. No doubt about it. 

What's the number one thing on your bucket list?
I have my 101 in 1001 Days list (here) but I think what's on top of my bucket list is to get closer to God.

If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?
I would obviously have to give some to charity and my family because it would tear me up inside if I don't do it. I'd also pay off college and looking into the future I'd put the rest in a savings account. Knowing myself though I'd probably spend it on clothes and makeup and Lilly Pulitzer things.

What is your favorite form of social media and why?
I love YouTube. I'm always on it and if it just randomly shuts down one day I don't think I'll ever be able to function. I also really love Twitter. I get a lot of my news there and I just like to lazily scroll through it and read peoples tweets.
__________________________________________________________________

My Questions
1.) If you could have lunch with one person who is deceased who would it be and why?
2.) What are your favorite baby names at the moment? Boy and girl!
3.)Why do you love blogging and do you have any blogging tips?
4.)If you could only read/ watch one T.V. show for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
5.) If you could trade places with someone for a week who would it be and why?
6.) How would you describe your personal style?
7.) Who is your main style icon?
8.) Where do you see yourself in five years?
9.) What are you currently watching/ reading and what is your favorite genre to read/ watch?
10.) What is one place you want to travel to and why?
11.) List eleven things about yourself!

(Feel free to answer any of the questions in the comments if I didn't nominate you!)
___________________________________________________________________

Nominess
(I'm sorry if you already have reached 200 followers! I've tried to find out everyones follower amount but some didn't have a set amount! Feel free to do it though and make sure you only nominate other people with 200 followers or less!)
I Believe In Pink
Preppy By The Sea

___________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading and thanks again Mallory for nominating me!
 I'd love it if y'all followed me! It's free and all you need is a Bloglovin' account or an email!
XOXO Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!