lables posts

Thursday, June 25, 2015

How To Fix Broken Powder

A very sad moment happened Friday. My holy grail powder broke, dun, dun, dun!
 Haha just kidding it wasn't that dramatic, but still a little heartbreaking. I didn't want to throw it out because I could still get some use out of it so I went to Pinterest and looked up some tutorials. It's quiet simple all you need is a couple of products and you're set!

Tools
-Broken powder
-Plastic knife or spoon
-Rubbing alcohol
-Tissue
-Spray bottle (optional)
-Ziplock bag (optional)


What you first want to do is smash up your already smashed powder. I like to use the back of my knife to do this. You can put a ziplock bag over it when you do this, but I didn't because I didn't have a ton of powder. If you have any powder that isn't broken you still want all of it to be broken, it makes the whole process a lot easier.


Once everything is smashed up you want to spray or poor your rubbing alcohol on it. I tried spraying it but it sprayed powder everywhere and it took forever for it to get wet. You want to slowly add the rubbing alcohol to it so you don't over do it. You just want enough to slowly mix it into a paste.


Once it is in a paste you'll want to smooth it out. I just used my knife for this. It doesn't have to be perfect!


After that I like to take a tissue and a flat object to get out any excess alcohol. I keep it like this over night.


And it's done! Not as good as before, but you can still use it! This doesn't change the color or the way the product will work by the way!

UPDATE: One of my blushes ended up breaking, instead of dealing with a lot of bumps like the picture above I lightly dropped it a couple of times on my desk and it helped to evenly spread out the product. Also using a little bit more rubbing alcohol seemed to help with spreading it a little more evenly.

Thanks for reading y'all! I hoped this helped!
Don't forget to follow this blog if you liked it!
XOXO Alyson

4 comments:

  1. I've used this method of fixing broken powders before - it's not perfect but it's a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lifesaver! I had so much product left to be used and I didn't want to throw it away!
      XO Alyson

      Delete
  2. This is such a great tip! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for commenting!
      XO Alyson

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!