lables posts

Monday, July 13, 2015

How To Motivate Yourself To Workout


I don't know about y'all, but some days it's just really hard to get up and workout. There are days that I just want to lay on the couch and watch t.v. all day. I was thinking about all the things I do, and other people do that help them get motivated to workout. I came up with a lot of ideas so there has to be something in here for everyone that will work!

Try and picture yourself in a couple weeks/months/a year from now.
This is super important to keep in mind. After a workout all of us will expect immediate results. I do at least! You have to keep in mind that it's a process and a commitment if you expect to see some change.
Buy cute workout clothes.
I love buying workout clothes because I know it will motivate me to workout. You don't have to shop at Lululemon or have all Nike workout clothes. Of course I like to have some things from Nike (mostly just shoes and bottoms) but Lululemon is just too expensive for me. I've found great workout clothes from Walmart- check out Danskin dri-fit tops, I have some great tanktops from Old Navy, and I know things from Target are pretty great too.
Make a Pinterest board.
I have multiple Pinterest boards for working out. I have a yoga board, a clothing board, and any other workout routines that I want to pin board. It's just a great place to keep everything in one place and you can go to it and find what you want whenever.
Workout with a "fit friend."
Working out with a friend can really help relieve the process of working out. You can talk about things and motivate each other to get to the gym and workout or push harder during a workout. If you are that "fit friend" for someone  don't forget to push them and keep them motivated, it can motivate you in return! 
Only wash your hair on the days you workout.
I found this on BuzzFeed and I thought it was such a good idea and I had to share. Basically all you do is wash your hair on the days you workout and if you don't workout you have to deal with the shame of not washing it and having to go to school/ work with nasty hair. Trust me it will motivate you to  workout because going anywhere with nasty hair is embarrassing. I haven't done it yet, but I sure will try!
Put your workout clothes on every morning.
This is something that my mom actually does. I need to start doing this more because I did it once and it really got me to workout. For some reason just putting on my clothes helped me to workout.
Create a motivation board.
It doesn't have to be anything special just things from magazines and inspirational quotes you print out. Something cool to put on it is a calendar to track all of your workouts. Write down any workouts you want to do and cross them off everyday you do them or just log what you did that day. It's also a good way to track all the workouts you have done after a couple of months.
Create a playlist that pumps you up.
Trust me it just gets you in the mood and the good music just makes you want to dance which is also another good workout to do!
Do workouts that you actually like.
Pushing yourself to do something you don't like hardly works out. It doesn't have to be something with a strict routine. It can just be dancing around your room, taking a walk around the neighborhood, going on a bike ride, etc. It just needs to be something to get yourself going.
Give yourself rewards.
I think giving yourself a reward every month is super important. Maybe it's getting ice cream on the last day of every month (make sure you did more than a couple workouts though! I say more than one week of workouts can get you ice cream!) or putting money in a jar so that you can buy something for yourself (like saving up for that ice cream.) Or it could be something like rewarding yourself one extra break in the week if you did a hard workout the day before.
Keep in mind that you can do it!
It's all mind over matter. If you believe you can do it you can. Just keep pushing through and you'll get to that stage that you want to be at!

Thanks for reading! If you have anymore ideas I'd love to know, just leave it in the comments!
XOXO Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!