Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My Skincare Routine | Summertime

I definitely don't have an extreme skincare routine. I have a couple of products I use regularly, but not that many.  I've been using these products for about a year or two years now and I want to try more products, but these are everything I use right now. Keep in mind I have very oily acne prone skin that also is somewhat dry. I know my skin is all over the place, but this is the routine that I've found to work and I hope this helps you!

Cleanse | Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash
I love this cleanser. My skin is fairly sensitive and this cleanses my skin super well but it doesn't irritate it. I highly recommend this if you want a light everyday cleanser.
Treat | Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution & Epiduo
I don't have any acne treatment products that I can recommend to y'all from the drugstore since none of them work for me. What my dermatologist has prescribed me though is Clendamiycin and Epido. I love these two things together. I use Clendimican in the mornings and Epido at night. It has cleared up my acne sooo well!
Moisturize | Clean and Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel
I adore this moisturizer so much! It is absolutely perfect for oily skin! Some people say that you should never moisturize oily skin because it will make it even oilyer. Your skin though is producing those extra oils because it is so dry. It thinks it needs to moisturize your skin more when all you need to do is add moisturizer yourself. Even if you do moisturize your skin it wont instantly take away the oil. You'll still have oily skin, but adding moisturizer to it can help to reduce the amount of oil.
Mask | Freeman Clay Mask Avocado and Oatmeal
Clay and charcoal masks are perfect for acne prone oily skin. This is one that I've been using for a while now. It's not my favorite but it works well. I'm still looking for a better one though.
Exfoliate | St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub
I do use my Clarisonic Mia 2 but that isn't intended to exfoliate your face. It is meant to get extra makeup off that you will miss with a makeup remover and just washing your face with your hands. It's supposed to work the cleanser deeper, but not to exfoliate. I don't use my exfoliator everyday, I normal use it two or three days a week. It just gets off dead skin, gets my products to work better, makes my makeup go on smoother, and just makes my skin look healthier.

If you are have acne trouble with your skin like I have check out this face mapping for acne (here). People say it's not always accurate, but it could possibly help. I would highly recommend checking this out because it has helped my skin a little bit!

If you have any product recommendations I'd love to know what you use since I'm looking for newer things!
XOXO Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!