lables posts

Monday, July 20, 2015

Room Makeover | Part 1

So I haven't mentioned this yet, but I am in the process of redoing my room. This has been going on for about two years now and we are finally getting a lot of it done! 
For this series I plan on updating y'all on my room makeover! Like I said the want to redo my room has been going on for almost two years now and I've been in my new room for about five years. My first room was tiny and it's just down the hall from the room I'm in now. It was originally my nursery and my parents just updated the furniture in it as I got older. By the time I reached nine or ten I started begging my parents to move rooms. They offered to give me the guest bedroom, which was much bigger than the room I was in. I was instantly in on it. It took till that summer to move all my furniture down the hall and the guest room furniture into my old room. 
Being a basic ten year old I wanted a purple room sooo bad. Being the normal parents of a ten year old wanting a bright purple room they thought it was a horrible idea. My mom and I even went to Lowes to pick a paint color and I instantly saw a bright purple color and died. I loved it so much and my mom hated it. Of course being the mother's girl I am I easily begged her and she snapped and accepted. I loved my bright purple room for a couple of years until now. 
I. Hate. My bright purple room. I have no idea what I was thinking! Only if my parents put their foot down for two or three years on that idea we would've saved ourselves from having to paint my room white all over again. But honestly every little girl goes through that horrible stage and I put those horrible years not only in what I did with my hair and outfits, but also my room.
Over the course of a year though my mom and I have been slowly redoing my room. We chose new accessories and paint colors. New bedding and pillows.
My idea is to have it mostly all white and have pops of a lot of color. 
I love the look of all white rooms. I think white is such a clean and calm color and I can definitely grow with it for the next couple of years. Also when I move into college and I move out of the house my parents can change up the room all they want and they have a nice white base. 
 This is what it looks like currently.

I'll be posting the before and after in the very last post so follow to stay tuned for that!
Thanks for reading such a rambley post. I'm super excited to share more with y'all and to change up my room! If you have any suggestions on what I should do with my room I'd love to know! I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment!
XOXO Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!