lables posts

Monday, December 21, 2015

The Best Fudge Ever


When I was in elementary school my library teacher made the best fudge in the world. All the faculty members, students, and even parents begged for her to give out the recipe, but she always rejected them. Every morning when I had to go work the news (and I always hated it) I got a piece of fudge, and it always made my day. I've been dying to figure out her recipe, because I loved that fudge so much, and I think I found a pretty close contender! This is the only recipe I've done to be completely honest, but it's so good that I don't think I'll try anything ever again.
This makes four dozen small pieces so this is a quick holiday recipe that is a sure crowd pleasure!
Disclaimer: I didn't come up with this recipe. I found this from grandparents.com. My family and friends just loved this so much and I wanted to share this recipe with y'all! 
Full recipe at the very end!

In a large saucepan combine your sugar, salt, butter, evaporated milk, and mix well.

Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook at low boil for nine minutes stirring constantly.

After nine minutes combine chocolate chips and marshmallow creme immediately.

Mix everything together until completely smooth.

Put into a large cookie sheet that is well greased. This stuff will stick, so grease well! Stick in the fridge for an hour to half an hour, then cut with a pizza cutter. Place into air tight storage containers and you're done!

Ingredients:
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 13-ounce can evaporated milk
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 12-ounce packages semisweet chocolate chips
1 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
4 cups chopped pecans (if desired)

Directions:
1. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch glass baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt. Mix well. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Continue to cook at a low boil for 9 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat.

2. Immediately, add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add marshmallow creme, and pecans if desired. Mix well. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Let stand until fudge is set, at least 1 hour.

My Inputs
1.)Grease a large cookie sheet and do it well! These things stick like no other, and I found that the cookie sheet spread it out enough so the pieces weren't so tall and hard to eat. 
2.) Wait an hour for them to cool and then use a pizza cutter to make the squares. I used a knife my first time and everything was a mess. The pizza cutter gives a much cleaner edge, and it's a lot quicker to cut.
3.) You can really use any toppings you want. I used crushed candy canes on one batch  and it tasted so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!