lables posts

Monday, December 28, 2015

Things to Do on Boring Days

Pic Via
We all know what it's like during the winter, you have nothing to do because you're snowed in or it's pouring rain like it's the middle of Spring. There is literally nothing to do besides, well nothing. I know when these days happen (more like when they last the entire week) we all want to put on some makeup and leave the house. Since we're getting into winter (even though it seems like Spring where I live) there can really seem like there is nothing to do, but that's why I'm here! I made a list of all of my ideas on what you can do when the day is boring, but you're not willing to do nothing.
Play board games.
I love playing board games and my family and I don't play them enough. Whenever we do though we have an absolute blast and can play them for hours. Some of my favorites are Whoonu and Sorry.

Go to the mall.
It sounds so basic, but it's something to do! Any chance to go shopping is perfectly good for me!

Have a movie marathon.
I love having marathons. Whether it's YouTube videos, shows, or movies, I just love them. A good one to marathon right now is Star Wars. I'm personally not that into those movies, but the new movie has come out which is super exciting (even for people who aren't big fans, like me!)!

Have a spa day.
I love being pampered and pampering myself. Nowadays there are so many great kits to use from the drugstore for a DIY spa day at home. Or you could go with some friends and go to an actual spa!

Call someone you haven't talked to in a while.
Or even write them a letter. Just let them know you're still thinking of them is always something good to do. You'll also get to catch up with an old friend!

Deep clean your room.
This is on my bucket list to do over the break. I just have so much stuff in my room that I need to get rid of.

Bake something.
I love to bake (favorite fudge recipe here). We're still not totally done with the holidays (anyone remember New Years?) so you can still get away with baking a ton of treats!

Go through your email inbox.
This is one thing I already crossed off my list! If you're anything like some people I know (*cough, cough* my mother) your email box is at full capacity and you have emails from 2012 still in your inbox. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's something to do!

Go to a bookstore.
Cuddling up with a good book on a rainy or snowy day is always ideal. Something a little more different to do though would be visiting a bookstore and finding a new book!

DIY something from old magazines.
Us girls have so many different magazine subscriptions and if you're anything like me or my mom then you have stacks of them laying all over the house. There are so many different DIY's all over Pinterest to do something fun with magazines. My favorites: here, here, and here.


1 comment:

  1. The mall is my favorite option for sure! ;)
    Love,

    Ane | Basque Prep

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!