lables posts

Monday, January 4, 2016

My Current Favorite Products

I love beauty products, but one thing about me is once I find a beauty product I stick to it (e.g. I've been using the same leave in conditioner for 3 years). A lot of my beauty products I use are things I pretty much swear by, but there are still things I switch up. These products are products I currently am loving. 

Pre- Shower 
Like most of us I take off my makeup before I get in the shower. I use the Neutrogena makeup remover wipes and the Maybelline Clean Express eye makeup remover. I like to take off my eye makeup first and then wipe everything off with the makeup wipes. Everything seems to come off very smoothly, which is what I look for most in makeup remover products.

Shower
I'm definitely a shower-taker, I hardly ever take a bath. I always start by shampooing and conditioning my hair. I've tried many, many different shampoo and conditioners, but the two I really enjoyed using were by Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine. I have very dry curly hair and because of that my hair needs a lot of moisture. I've tried sulfate free shampoos and conditioners, but I always feel like my hair is never clean enough. These products make my hair feel clean, but still very moisturized. 

Post Shower
Post shower is when I put on my Eucerin lotion (if you get eczema I highly recommend this lotion!) and I put in my Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner. I then use a wide tooth comb to evenly distribute the product through my hair.

Skincare
I have very, very oily skin that is acne prone. The Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash is literally the only thing that my skin will react to. I also use my Clarisonic Mia 2 which I absolutely love and highly, highly recommend. You might think I'm crazy for adding a moisturizer into my skincare because I have such oily skin. I promise all you people who have oily skin, you need a moisturizer. Just because you have oily skin doesn't mean it doesn't get dry. I have plenty of dry areas on my face. The oil in your skin can actually subside using a moisturizer because oily skin produces more oil because it thinks the skin is too dry.

Makeup
I am not makeup artist whatsoever, but I do really love playing with makeup. I hardly know what I'm doing or even if the products are working properly, but I have found a foundation (they also have this foundation for other skin types) and concealer I like. As of my mascara, y'all have probably already seen it on my blog, but the Maybelline Lash Sensational is my favorite out of the many, many mascaras I've tried. I also really really love the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder, and I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply it.

Hair
I have very curly dry hair and the Suave volumizing and curl mousse seem to me the only stuff that really works for my hair. I also use a diffuser to dry my hair in the mornings. It gives my hair more volume and enhances the spring in my curls unlike what air drying does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!