Sunday, January 3, 2016

Weekly Update | #1 2016 | {12/28/15-1/2}

Oh. My. Gosh. Writing 2016 for the title of this post is literally the strangest thing ever. No joke it blows my mind that 2015 is over. I know I think of the New Year as just another day, but sometimes it does feel like a slap in the face that a New Year has finally come. It's also crazy to think that I've been blogging for close to an entire year (10 months, 46 weeks, and 320 days to be exact)! 
I am sad to announce that my daily blog posts are coming to an end after this one. Monday starts up my regular Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule, but I promise whenever I have an extended break from school I'll try my hardest to do blog posts everyday.
One extra thing I want to say before getting into what I did during my week, I want to say that I will try my hardest to keep up with these weekly update posts. I will say though, that I wont make these posts when my whole week is boring (more like "my whole week just revolves around school and I'm 100% sure y'all don't want to read about it.). I love making weekly updates, but sometimes I'm too busy with school to make them, but I will try my hardest to post more unlike I did last year.

On Monday I had a full day of Orthodontist and Dentist appointments. I know, my teeth are high maintenance. I went in the morning to get my wires off, then my mom and I headed to Target to pick up some stuff, and then we went to Barnes and Noble to pick up an AP World History review book. We then had to go get my teeth cleaned, and then back to the Orthodontist to get my wires back on. 
Yaya to studying AP World (not)!
My room looks really dark in this pic. I promise you it wasn't this dark, haha.
On Tuesday my Grandma, Mom, me, and my second cousin and her granddaughter went to Olive Garden for lunch. We do this every year over winter break and it's so much fun. My mom and I then ran into Macy's to quickly see if they had any booties for my mom to try on. We then had to go get hair cuts and my mom got hers colored! 

On Wednesday I literally layed around my house. On Thursday though I had a big day of getting rid of like everything in my bedroom. 
I started my morning with breakfast, which I had skipped everyday since Christmas. I had my regular, a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and a cup of coffee.
Similar coffee cup here.
In the morning I started gathering my Christmas stuff together. By the end of the day though I had moved to my closet where my desk is and well, destroyed it.
That night I didn't do much celebrating for the New Year. My parents and I stayed up to watch some football and that was about it.

I woke up on Friday morning and there was a super exciting announcement! Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale is going to be tomorrow! I'm so excited! My whole post about that and a few quick tips here! Last years post about it here, and here! By the way I didn't mention in my post on Friday the sale is going to be only one day!
I started my Friday morning packing up all the Christmas decorations I had put into a pile on Thursday. I was a little sad to do this because it meant Christmas was officially over and Christmas break was coming to an end. I was very happy to get rid of the clutter it caused in my room though!
My mom has started this new mini diet (just trying to get into the habit of not eating junk food everyday, like we have done since Thanksgiving) and it had rubbed off on me during lunch on Friday. I started off with leftover dips from New Years that my mom made. It then advanced into making a salad, and a bowl of fruit with greek yogurt. I don't have the same diet plan as my mom though, because I ended everything with three pieces of fudge... 
I then cleaned up my room from destroying it the night before and then started guess what? AP World History! I don't think I will ever be able to stop doing AP World History until I take the AP test!
A tradition my family has had for as long as I can remember is eating bean soup on New Years day. It apparently brings you plenty of money, but every year the luck never seems to come my way, haha.

On Saturday I spent the day cleaning and reorganizing the bookcases downstairs. I do this every year after Christmas because my mom puts up a village scene on the left bookcase and we always need to put the decorations back up at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!