lables posts

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Weekly Update | #3 2016 | (1/20-1/22)

Happy Saturday y'all! I'm so glad I was able to post this week! Last week was crammed with all things school so I wasn't able to post at all which I'm really sorry about. I hope there wont be more of those weeks this semester, but school does come first. Also, if y'all want to see any posts from me please please, please leave them in the comment section. I've been running out of ideas and need some motivation.
This week was fairly interesting. On Monday we had no school because of Martin Luther King Day and Tuesday was the only day I went to school all week! We got snow on Tuesday, had a break Thursday, and then the real snow hit Friday. 
Grab a cup of coffee or tea and  let's catch up!

On Wednesday we had our first snow day of the year! It was expected, but not. Everyone all day Tuesday was constantly asking teachers and other students if they thought we would have a snow day or not (my best friend and I got into an "intense" argument on whether we would have a snow day or not. I won :P!) Oddly though I woke up super early. I think it was just because I went to bed early-ish and my body was used to getting up early when I go to bed early. The anticipation of going to school or not also kept me up for a while. Not only that, but I have been stressing so much over a project in school. It's a short film in my Arts and Humanities class, and ugh, it's stressful. I've never filmed anything like it before and I don't even know how to use editing software. Wish me luck is all I'm going to say. I heard that my teacher grades these projects really easy though, and since we only have that class once every month, we might not even get to watching my film!

Anyways, since I woke up early I decided to make French Toast and brew some tea. For some reason I have been craving French Toast and tea for the past two weeks. 
I haven't been able to find a good French Toast recipe so if y'all have one, please leave it in the comments! Of course I'm drinking my tea out of my absolute favorite mug! My favorite teas that I've tried are all the fruity ones. I just can't get myself to drink herbal ones, it's just, ugh no. 

Since it was the first major snowfall I had to go outside and take a picture. I'm also super excited that I was finally able to use my Bean Boots for what I bought them for!

I also spent the day catching up on all of my homework and little chores around the house. I was able to get so much done throughout the day, which kind of motivated me to wake up a little earlier everyday (let's just see how long that motivation will last though). There's just not enough hours in the day to get things done! And can we talk about how adorable these manatees are in the Lilly Pulitzer agenda for this month! I was so excited to use this page just because of them (I know I'm such a dork.) I loved, loved, loved manatees in Elementary school so the pattern for this month in the Lilly Agenda definitely stole my heart. 

Thursday was another snow day. The snow from Wednesday was kind of clear on main roads, but neighborhood roads were still super bad. My road was even quit bad and we get a lot of people driving through in a day. Since it was decently clear my mom and I went to the mall. We stopped into Macy's because she found some snow/ rain boots from Tommy Hilfiger online and wanted to try them on. The boots are so cute, I'm a little jealous!

Friday was a very chill day because we were pretty much trapped in our house. Most everyone around the east coast area will understand me when I say, dang we were hit hard! Luckily in my area there was no ice just a ton of snow! It didn't stop snowing from around 7 o'clock in the morning to 6 o'clock at night and there was still a little snow coming down after that. 


You can't even see our garden over by the fence!

I've noticed my weekly update posts have a lot of food in them, but oh well! I had a smoothie and an egg Friday morning. It was really nice to have a smoothie again though. About two summers ago our blender broke, so of course we didn't have any way to make smoothies. My mom recently bought a Cuisinart Immersion Hand Blender and because of that my family and I have been making smoothies constantly. I'll post a recipe sometime this coming week!

What's on my radar:

This bag is to die for! I've been eyeing it for so long, but then again I'm so apprehensive about buying it because I'm not sure how I like the inside organization compartments.

An expected, but unexpected five day weekend. YAYA to having a break and being able to catch up on so much school work! I have a feeling I wont feel that way come end of school.

This other Tory Burch Bag. If I would carry my bags on my arm instead of my shoulder I'd buy this bag, but the functionality just doesn't workout with me.

Because of the snow I've been loving this lotion.

Lilly Pulitzer's new arrivals are gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!