lables posts

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Beating the Winter Blues

January and February are always the hardest winter months where I live. We get hit with quite a bit of snow and days with really low temperatures. Come February it is so hard not to get into the winter blues. With all the snow, gray skies, and cold temperatures it's almost impossible to think that Spring is coming soon. Don't get me wrong, I love winter, but it is nice to see a little bit of blue skies and green every now and then. 
I haven't been as bad with the winter blues as I was last year, but any kind of bad day, big or small, always needs a little something to lift it up. Grab a warm drink, a fuzzy blanket, and lets get into how you can get out of your winter blue mood!


Buy fresh flowers.
I love flowers and it's proven that fresh flowers can actually lift your mood. I love the look of flowers, and even in these winter months it can be possible to keep them alive. I also recommend placing them somewhere in your room where you can see them once you wake up in the morning since it is a mood booster.

Make a list of everything that makes you happy.
Whenever I'm down I love doing this. Whether it's a note on Evernote, on my phone, or on a piece of paper, I try to list at least 50 things that make me happy. 

Do a Yoga routine.
I promote Yoga constantly, but it really helps me to relax and be in a better mood, and it might help you too! I've made a post about my favorite workout yoga routine and I have pinned yoga routines all over my Pinterest board that you might want to check out!

Call a friend and catch up.
One thing to do is call someone you haven't talked to in a while and catch up. Or meet with an old friend for lunch (if it's not too snowy outside!).

I promise I'm not sponsored by Lilly even though it may seem that way by how much I mention the brand on the blog. They're all about resorts, vacations, bright colors, and fun times. Just looking through their website, not buying anything, just looking at all the bright prints, makes me feel a little more upbeat and brighter.

3 comments:

  1. I gotta admit I visit the Lilly site way too often during the harsh Midwestern months lol
    Love,

    Ane | Basque Prep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think southern winters are bad, I can't even imagine what it's like living in the Midwest! Lilly Pulitzer seriously cures everything, haha!

      Delete
  2. great post! It's important to remember these this time of year!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!