Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Happy 1 Year of Blogging to Me!



Happy first birthday to My Life as Alyson!!!
It's crazy to think that I've been blogging for a whole year! It just blows my mind! I've been waiting for this day for what seems to be like forever, but it's also snuck up all of a sudden. It really seems like I've been blogging for such a long time but it's only been 1 year.
I started out by watching fashion and beauty videos on YouTube, and wanted to do it myself. My dad offered to help me make a blog instead. I had some blogs before this one, but always gave up on them because I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't know of anyone else who blogged. I also chose names that I knew I couldn't grow with, names that kept me in a little bubble and I couldn't expand my content because it didn't "go with the theme." 
On a random snow day a year ago from today I found the blogging community and realized how big and exciting the whole thing was. From there a made this blog! I chose a simple name, something I knew I could use now for my fashion/ beauty/ lifestyle posts, or later on when I'm in college, and maybe even years from now when I'm a married and a mom (if you haven't noticed yet, I plan far into the future). I purposefully chose the name "My Life as Alyson" because this blog really does reflect my life and I could really grow with it. From choosing my name and figuring out multiple designs and layouts for this blog, everything has slowly fallen into place and now I'm here. And it's so exciting!
I'm very, very proud of myself for how far I've come, but in this new year I want to accomplish so much more. I made a list below of all my goals, as a way to make myself accomplish the things I want to get done for this blog.

1.) Collaborate.
2.) Create social media accounts for this blog.
3.) Take better fashion pictures.
4.) Make videos to go along with some of my blog posts.
5.) Gain more readers (even though I love all 19 of you followers!)

Throughout the year I'll hopefully come back to this post and be able to mark off everything I've done throughout this new year.
I can't wait for another amazing year of blogging! I hope y'all stay along for this journey! Don't forget to follow, it's free! (And another quick little celebration for my 150th post!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!