Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekly Update | #6 2016 | (2/15-2/20)

Ugh, what a week. My weeks have been jam packed with school work (mainly because I have gotten into the habit of majorly procrastinating everything) so I haven't been able to blog much. Tonight though, I am trying to catch up as much as possible on posts so I can go back to my regular weekly schedule. Last week was fairly busy and I have finally gotten around to sharing it with y'all! Let's chat!
On Monday my mom and I stopped into the local Lilly Pulitzer boutique in my town. I had gotten an email on Friday that they would have a First Impressions makeup bag as a gift with purchase, and I jumped on it (not literally, haha). I fell in love with the jacket and Elsa top, but the skirt (which I really wanted) didn't fit at all *sad face*. 

On Tuesday we had a snow day (which wasn't really necessary, but hey it's a day off) so I decided to make cookies for my blogs first birthday, and well they didn't turn out so well. I'm just going to say, flour is extremely important in the cookie baking process. 

My dad and I stuck out fingers into the muddy mess and it surprisingly really tasted like cookies. Only a little sweeter with a caramelly texture (I still would recommend measuring the right amount of flour though...)

Wednesday was my blogs first birthday! I was so excited! I made a post all about it (here). Wednesday was also our first day back at school after an unexpected four day weekend! Like last year, my teacher had asked me to do a print for an art show at a college near my town. I of course had to say yes and I finally got to print it Wednesday!
Funny story behind this print, I had carved out a lino block before this one and hated how it turned out. Three days before I was supposed to print I carved out this huge thing-keep in mind carving this takes about 2 weeks to a month depending on how much you work on it. I did it in three days. Thank the Lord we had a snow day on Tuesday since I stayed up until 12 o'clock working on it and needed an extra day to do my homework.

On Saturday when I woke up,  I decided that I wanted to do something to spruce up my room. I have a little sitting area in my room, but the chair I had was extremely old. I've been wanting to get a better chair for that area for a long time so I offered the idea to my mom and we went shopping. We more or less just looked around at a couple of stores and these are the two I liked so far. We're going to go to some other places before I make a final decision, but I really like the puffy, white, button ones (does that make any sense, haha). At first I wanted the tall one on the right, but in the area it would be in my room, I think it wouldn't look good. I really liked the short chair on the right, but I kind of want arm rests. What do y'all think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!