Wednesday, March 23, 2016

What I Pack in My Carry On | Car Edition

Fun fact, I have never flown in a plane before. Some people completely freak out when I tell them this and to be 100% honest I don't understand why. Then again I know a lot of people live on planes when it comes to family vacations, but my family doesn't live too far away from the beaches we go to, so we have no need to take a 2 hour flight (but then again that would be nicer than a 15 hour drive). When I was a little younger I would look up essentials to carry in a bag for the car and nothing but airplane carry on's would pop up. After a couple of years, going on many, many, many long car rides, I've figured out what are my essentials and what aren't and I thought I would share it with y'all. 

Travel emergency case
I have a whole post up on my travel emergency case here!

SNACKS
I always have snacks on me when I go on long car trips. Things like gold fish, granola bars, clementines, etc.

Water
You always, always, need to stay hydrated even if you are just sitting in the car. I really like the size of my Camelbak Eddie, but have had some complications cleaning it. Does anyone know how good the Contigo ones are?

Electronics
I always have my laptop and phone on me. My phone to listen to music, and my laptop to writ blog posts. I also make sure I have all the chargers I need.

A book or magazine
Sometimes reading in the car gives me a headache, but I love flipping through fashion magazines and looking at all the pretty outfits and helpful tips.

Homework
Even though it is a break from school, my teachers always find it necessary to give us homework over the break. I try to get it done in the car, so I don't have to do it at the resort, but that usually doesn't end up happening.

Thing  I need accessible for overnight
Whether it's any medication, your toiletries bag, or something as simple as a hairbrush, I usually keep anything I need for a quick night at a hotel in my "carry on."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!