Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Six Ways to Last the Last Couple Days of School

As the school year begins to dwindle down it gets harder and harder to see the end in sight. I tend to start slacking, like a lot. I always get myself in check though, and the tips below are everything I do to last the last couple days of school.

ONE // Get your sleep!
Sleep is insanely important, it calms your mind and lets your body rest. With all the things going on at the end of the year, graduations, tests, papers, etc. sleep is really your only way to slow down and relax.

TWO // Take 30 minutes away from studying/ doing work
If you don't take breaks from studying, well your crazy. My mind is fried if I study for more than 30 minutes to an hour and I always try to take a ten minute break between each session. Sometimes that ten minute session doesn't calm my mind enough so I'll take a full 30 minute break just relaxing and forgetting about the final I'm studying for.

THREE // Create a mood boosting playlist
You see the summer sun at the end of the tunnel, but it still feels so far away. I always am able to boost my mood by having a dance party and listening to upbeat music.

FOUR // Use your agenda
With all the projects and tests going on, you're bound to forget something. I recommend writing in your agenda all the time, but during this time of year it's essential because there is always so much going on.

FIVE // Clean your desk and backpack daily
Lots of papers are going to be passed back and I know almost all of us (myself included) just stuff them in our backpacks. Cleaning it out nightly can give you a fresh start to the next day and finding things will be less stressful. As of your desk clearing it of all the papers and putting them in organized stacks can calm your mind so you're not in such a stressful environment.

SIX// Breathe
During the week coming up to my AP test one of my friends in my biology class kept reminding me of what her physiology teacher kept telling her class "the only important test in your entire life is a pregnancy test," so just take a breath and realize that not getting an A on that test wont completely change your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!