lables posts

Monday, May 30, 2016

Weekly Update | #9 2016 | (4/20- 4/27)

Happy Memorial Day! 
Yaya! It's summer! I'm happy to announce that I'm going to have a blog post every weekday of summer break! Hopefully I wont loose inspiration and will be able to blog all of summer, if not I'll blog the month of June every weekday. 
Anyways, these past two weeks didn't have too much going on so I decided to group them together.

Starting off on the Friday before last, I had an art gallery that one of my pieces was featured in. Even though I've seen my pieces in multiple gallery's, it's still amazing to see that my art is hanging on a wall and a ton of other people are looking at it and people are actually admiring my work. This is a print I did last year, but my art teacher loves it so much to the point where she decided to enter it into a prestigious gallery here in town. I didn't end up placing in the competition, but being in the show itself was absolutely amazing! There were so many entries (about 200 and 78 were chosen) and only a couple of kids got their pieces in and mine was one of them!!!

To celebrate my parents and I went to a local restaurant. My mom, Grandma, and I went to the same place for brunch on Christmas Eve. They're known for their amazing breakfast food, and I thought that their dinner matched the hype too.

The dessert was a-maz-ing! It was a brownie with ice creme, whipped creme, caramel sauce, and crushed up pecans. 

All last week was finals week and luckily my finals were at the beginning of the month because my teachers counted state testing as our finals. I was off all week and it was so relaxing. My drawing class on the other hand had an egg drop project. My art friends and I spent the whole week before finals week working on the project and well, our egg broke first round. It was kind of depressing, but I will admit I had a feeling it would fail... I know I'm such a Debby Downer, haha. This is what it looked like after we had to drop it from the very top of the bleachers, haha. 

That night was my brothers graduation. I'm just going to say that it was insanely stressful! We were running late to the ceremony (luckily got there in time!) and my brother forgot his cap. I know! Luckily they had donation caps and gowns and he used one of the caps from that. Afterwards we took a ton of pictures. My friend from art class was also graduating, I'm going to miss her and our little trio!
Excuse my fuzzy hair by the way. Of course it rained when we left home. 

Friday I went over to one of my friends from art class house and the three of us watched The Return of the Jedi and the Force Awakens. I can now say I have watched all the Star Wars movies (well, everything but the prequels, I'm told those don't matter) and am a complete fan. I can not get over how absolutely AMAZING the Force Awakens was. Just, gah, it was soooo good! My friends are die hard Star Wars fans and it's funny to look back on myself saying, "I'm never going to watch Star Wars ever," and then them freaking out over that comment, and in the span of about a month they've made an effort to get me to watch all the movies. Now I am in a major Star Wars hangover. The Force Awakens was just so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!