lables posts

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Is Micellar Water Worth the Hype?

Pic Via.

*This is NOT a sponsored post. I am NOT being paid to talk about these products or have an affiliation with the brand! I am NOT paid if you click on or purchase from these links. .
If you ever keep up with the beauty community you've probably heard of micellar water for the past couple of years. How it "amazingly removes your makeup, but it literally feels like water." But is it truly worth all the hype? Um, heck yeah! I picked up some micellar water a couple months ago and am now hooked and never going back to those dinky makeup remover wipes that always burned and dried out my skin after using them.
Micellar water used to be strictly high end. Anyone remember the rage over Bioderma? Now drugstore brands are jumping in on all the hype and making their own. There are a lot of variations of this product.
Simple has their own that is 100% natural. I tried this one and enjoyed it, but it didn't take off all of my makeup. It took me about 3 cotton pads even with minimal makeup. It also doesn't remove any waterproof mascara. It's still a very great product and I highly recommenced using it because it is so natural.
Garnier also makes two, one natural, and one that removes waterproof makeup. I use the waterproof makeup remover because I use waterproof mascara. It sometimes only takes one cotton pad to get all my face makeup off and one to take off my mascara. One thing you need to do is shake up the waterproof version well. When you buy it you'll probably be able to see that the solutions aren't mixed, but once you shake it, it will mix. With the separation of solutions, the product isn't 100% natural, but its still very good.
Either one works amazing, it all depends on your needs and what you want. The benefits of micellar water is that it removes your makeup smoothly in a one step process. You can take off your makeup and cleanse your skin without having to rinse afterwards (I still recommend using a normal cleanser though!)

2 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of miscellar water before! Such a cool idea!!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need it in your life, haha!
      XO Alyson

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!