Thursday, July 7, 2016

8 Fun Ways to Workout Outside of the Gym

Working out can be very difficult and not everyone has access to a gym. Some people get discouraged from that, but there is a plethora of activities and workouts to do at home. Below are my eight tips for working out outside of the gym. 
Pic Via.

Go on a walk.

Walks are always nice and I enjoy taking them with my parents and dog. We usually go to a park near us and let my dog run around with some of the other dogs in the park. It's about a 2 mile walk and I always feel energized after walking. You also get to see some new things around you neighborhood while soaking up the summer sun.

Find a Yoga routine.

I seem to always promote Yoga, but it's something so fun to do. Yoga can surprisingly be very cardiovascular (here is my favorite routine) but also very relaxing. You don't even need equipment, it's very home friendly!

Have a dance party.

I like going on YouTube and researching dance routines to learn. I'm horrible at them, but they're really fun to do and it gets you moving! I'll also turn on my playlist and while I'm cleaning my room and I'll dance around to that. 

Go swimming

Since it's summer the pools are open and ready to be used. I'm not saying you have to do laps, but just getting in and swimming around or tossing a ball back and forth with a friend, is a good way to be active. 

Go on a bike ride.

I remember being younger and riding my bike all over my neighborhood, and dang was I in good shape! Just like walking it's fun to explore your neighborhood and get out in the sun.

Go to a trampoline park.

We have only one in my town and I really want to go! I think it would be so much fun! I used to have a trampoline in my backyard, but my brother and I got too old for it and we gave it away (I think, I surprisingly can't remember what we did with it, haha). I remember going in the backyard, jumping on the trampoline, and then hopping in the pool, I would always get worn out and tired, and it was a great way to workout and have fun. 

Play tennis

This past family vacation, my dad and I played tennis at the resort and it was so much fun! I was worn out in minutes and had so much fun playing. My dad and I are definitely going to go to the park more so he can teach me how to play. 

Go bowling

A lot of these are outside activities, but what if it's raining? I think bowling is a ton of fun and a great way to workout because of the weights of the balls. Maybe go a pound heavier and you'll get a good arm workout!


4 comments:

  1. I love going on bike rides during the summer!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent way to break up a same-old routine
    Dance party sounds kinda fun about now!
    Cheers,
    Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love a good dance party?!
      xo Alyson

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!