lables posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

How to Have a Productive Morning

We all love sleeping in during the weekends and summer. Waking up at 10 o'clock laying in bed reading your favorite blogger (oh, me? You guys are so sweet! lol just kidding), but we all know that can't happen every morning. I agree, it's insanely hard not to want to sleep in and be lazy, but we all need to get things done. Below are the tips I came up with to help me to have a productive morning. 

Pic Via.

STRETCH


Stretching wakes your body, and well stretches you out. Whether it's the normal stretching when you wake up (i.e. stretching your arms over your head) or doing a quick yoga flow, it will help you to wake up and get moving.

DRINK WATER


I recommend drinking water daily and I have a whole post on my tips for drink more water. But especially in the mornings. It will help to wake you up and get you much more energized. You might not realize it, but sometimes you can be pretty dehydrated when you wake up. Having a cute water bottle always motivates me to drink more water. I've made a post of all of my favorite cute water bottles.

EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST


Always, always eat breakfast. Whether it's a bowl of cereal or a granola bar, always try to eat something. Of course things like eggs, and some type of meat is ideal, but it's okay to eat a healthy bowl of cereal or fruit.

MAKE A TO DO LIST


I always make a to do list in the morning. Even if there is only one or two tasks, I write them down because it motivates me to cross those tasks off. There is just some type of pleasure in crossing off a task. This is my favorite agenda and here is a cute notepad.


HAVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO

Whether it's a cup of coffee or tea, a favorite muffin or fruit, or just watching the morning sunrise or your favorite show, it's always easier to wake up when there is something to look forward to.

DON'T HIT SNOOZE


Try your hardest to wake up on the first alarm. It's always insanely hard for me to do, but it will get you out of bed on time and the consistency of waking up at the same time will help your body to wake up faster. Even if you're in the middle of summer, setting an alarm and getting up will help you to get your day started and keep your body in a routine to help you not mess up a sleep schedule.

ACCOMPLISH THE BASIC'S


Brush your teeth, make your bed, wash your face, the basics things of morning, be sure to accomplish right then and there. When I wake up I try to hop out of bed and make it right then and there because it prevents me from getting back in.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely struggle with being productive in the morning during the summer! I love making to-do lists, and stretching sounds like a really great idea. Great tips!

    Ashley // MyWellDressedLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you have 'something to look forward to' that's a good one-luckily, I love cereal..ha ha
    Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes, cereal is the best, haha.
      XO Alyson

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!