Friday, August 12, 2016

Back to School Outfits | Collab with Anchored in the South!

I am soooo thrilled about this post today because it is in collaboration with the wonderful Sydney from Anchored in the South!!! We came up with this idea because figuring out what to wear for the first day of school always seems to be difficult. I always want to look nice, but I want to be comfy. I also want to wear things I love, but I also have to consider my dress code. 

Since I am going to be an upperclassmen in high school  this school year, and Sydney is going to be a Freshman in college, we figured we would share some adorable outfits for anyone struggling to wear something cute but be in dress code. 




Dressy

I really love dressing up for the first day of school. It's a good way to make a first impression and to show that you're serious about how you present yourself. It gives the impression that you make an effort to do your best work. 

I've been loving striped dresses and this one from J. Crew Factory is decently affordable and amazing quality. I love that it's three-quarter length because you can really wear this year round and I've always been pleased with my J. Crew Factory dresses. It's definitely worth spending a little more money for something so versatile. 

My favorite aspect of this outfit has to be the shoes! I'm one to wear sandals during the summer and come back to school season the weather is still pretty warm, but the building is sooo cold! I love, love, love these because they're closed toed so your feet will still be pretty warm. Also to everyone with a dress code of closed toed shoes, you can still wear sandals, but your toes are covered. I also love the trendiness of the wrap up ties and the espadrille bottom, but the color makes these shoes look very classic.

 I also added the bright earrings to make this outfit a bit more summery, but to transition this to a more after labor day fall outfit you can add deep red earrings like these

North Face backpacks are pretty popular at my school because they're such high quality, so I added one if anyone needs a new backpack. I also added the monogram necklace because it's such an essential piece in my wardrobe and I wear it with everything.
Dress | Earrings ($10 to rent on Rent the Runway!)| Monogram Necklace  | Backpack (similar) | Shoes (dupe)

Casual

Not everyone wants to dress up on the first day and I can totally understand why. Being comfy at school is ideal and this outfit surely achieves that. I love simple blush tee shirts with a simple necklace, like a monogram. American Eagle jeans are my absolute favorite because they're stretchy enough to be comfy, but such good quality! These Tory Burch sandals are absolutely adorable and I found the most absolute perfect dupes ever for a fraction of the price. Madewell totes are supposed to be fantastic everyday/ work totes and I added this because most first days of school you don't need to be carrying around a lot of supplies. If you don't have too rigorous and demanding classes this would be a good year round bag as well!

CHECK OUT SYDNEY'S POST!


          

9 comments:

  1. These outfits are so cute! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you'll be the best dressed! Love all the personalized touches!-Katelyn
    Theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These outfits are adorable! I bet you are going to be the best dressed at school! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute outfit ideas! Perfect for now and into fall, too!


    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seriously obsessed with both these looks, we have such similar style! So glad we got to collaborate together Alyson:)
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's what I thought when I saw your outfits! I loved yours sooo much! It was a blast to collaborate!

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!