lables posts

Monday, August 22, 2016

The Stages of Getting Over an Olympics Addiction

Anybody else love the Olympics as much as I do? Well, you probably do considering you're here reading this post. Sadly, though, those amazing games are over and you're probably laying on your couch fighting back tears as you read that. I am fighting back tears as I write that.

Every year the Olympics swim, tumble, ride, glide - all those Olympic terms - into town and my heart skips a beat, and my face lights up because the Olympics are here!!!! BUT, they are now over, and that excitement is dwindling into denial. Denial that they're over. Denial that you developed an addiction. Denial that you have spent two whole weeks on your couch eating potato chips while the most athletic and fit people around the globe competed in the drop dead gorgeous Rio de Janeiro. Feel horrible about yourself yet? Well, you shouldn't, because I imagine a vast majority of the population has been just as addicted to the games as you have been, and are going through these stages of getting over an Olympic addiction.

1.) You deny they're over and watch ALL the events all over again.
Via.


Because you have yet to realize THEY ARE OVER.


2.) You watch any and all interviews from the athletes.

Because maybe you'll find a flaw in one of those perfect people. Heh, but you won't.


3.) You scroll through every photo about the Olympics on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr...
Via.
Because you're still in denial, so why not just aimlessly scroll. We all do that now anyways.


4.) You might obsess over Nathan Adrian.
Via.
At some point during your obsessive scrolling, you'll find this wonderful human. Yes, he makes the "getting over aspect" even harder. You'll pull through...Maybe.


5.) You might shed tears. Many, many tears.

Once you're done watching ALL the events over again, and have gone through ALL the memes created, and have watched ALL the athletes' interviews, you might finally realize the Olympics are over and well, you might shed a tear. Or 100.


6.) You eat some ice cream.
Because, yes, you love the Olympics, but no, you'll never workout that much. Let's get real here. And ice cream cures everything.


7.) You tweet about your mourning.
Via.
And how much weight you gained from that ice cream.


8.) You call your mom.
Via.
Mom's know what to do, right? Right?


9.) You try and binge watch a new show.

Soooo, your mom tells you to distract yourself by getting addicted to watching something else, but of course, that doesn't work out too well because it's still not the Olympics!


10.) SO, you decide you'll just countdown to the Winter Olympics... 'cause why not?

T minus 536 days.
Via.

12 comments:

  1. h ah aha ...perfect post!
    I miss them already!
    p.s. how cute are you?! with your USA spirit!
    Katelyn http://www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was writing this post and just like so insanely patriotic and proud, hahaha! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Definitely going to send this to my best friend, she watched the Olympics religiously every night and would get a kick out of this post! Great post, too funny!

    Ashley //MyWellDressedLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, oh my gosh thank you for sharing!!!!

      Delete
  3. This is so perfectly written! I totally agree.
    So sad to not see all the events each night!
    -Caitlin
    lemonadepressblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, same! I'm glad I have had a lot of homework tonight because I can distract myself from the fact that they're over! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  4. I miss the Olympics so much! This post cracked me up XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I can't get over that they're over! I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  5. This post was hilarious Alyson!!:)
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!!! I'm glad you liked it!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!