lables posts

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

How to Avoid Becoming Overwhelmed

I have always been told that Junior year is the most stressful year in all of your high school career. Yes, I imagine Senior year comes to a close second considering you REALLY have to think about what college you want to go to and what you're going to major in. But I mean come on, school wise Senior year is usually your break year. I have had an English essay to write every week, homework in Pre Calculus every night- even on weekends-and at least 2 1/2 hours of AP US History homework every night. I have my work cut out for me. 

My APUSH teacher has routinely told my class that every single one of us will have an infamous "Junior year breakdown." I remember my brother never had one of these, but considering how I am so much more emotional than him, and have more AP classes than he did Junior year, I have a feeling I might just have one. 

I am trying my hardest to keep from breaking down and that more or less comes down to preventing from being overwhelmed. Here are some of the things I am doing to keep from having a junior year breakdown and prevent being overwhelmed. 

Pic Via


Write in a planner.

The only way I can remember that an assignment is due, or even remember my homework, is because of my planner. Sugar Paper LA has been collaborating with Target these past couple of years and have made the most adorable planners for like $10. You can also go as far as customizing your own planner. One of the girls in my Pre Calc class got a Plum Paper Planner and customized it to be set up for all six classes  instead of having a regular week by week.

Make a weekly task list.

Since school has been so crazy, I still try and find time to do stuff around the house. I'll usually write my homework in the normal week by week spots in my agenda, but I take a sticky notes and write non-school related tasks on that and then stick it in my week by week. This task list can range from needing to vacuum my room to making time to have a relaxing bath.

Plan downtime.

Like I said in my weekly task list, you NEED to plan downtime if your schedule is busy. Once the clock hits 9:30 I close my books and become brain dead. I'll either scroll through Pinterest, take a long shower, or curl up in my pj's and read a book that's not required for class. I don't care if I have a major test to study for. I know my brain shuts off by ten o'clock so extending my study time will only hurt me not help me. 

Do y'all have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!