Saturday, December 10, 2016

Weekly Update #15 | 2016

What a week, what a week! Gosh, next week is finals week and then I'm OFF! I'm a bit terrified of finals because my classes this semester are more than killer. I've already calculated all the grades I need to get on my tests to get the lowest of "B's" (I don't want a low "B" but it's better to have a "B" than anything lower). I mostly need to get  "C's" on my finals. Please pray for me haha. I'll be spending this weekend at my desk though highlighting and studying and repeating problems and drinking lots of tea and snacking on lots of foods. 

I know a lot of y'all have gotten done with finals and hopefully everything turned out how you wanted it to! To all of you college student, I hope y'all are having safe trips home this weekend! My brother got home Friday and will be home for a month! We're going from a family of three to a family of four again and the house will be a bit more noisy than normal. I'm excited to see him though!

Quick question, has anyone gotten used to falling back an hour. My sleep and daily schedule are in rhythm, but man I can't get over the fact that it gets pitch black by 5:30! When can the long days, and warmth of summer come back? We got our first hit of 32 degrees here and holy cow I wasn't prepared! I stepped outside of the car in the morning to walk into school and I practically wanted to run into the warm building because is was so cold. I need to start wearing my winter coat to school, but I have no where to put it and I prefer to not have to carry it around all day (I don't have a locker). I just really wish the cooler fall weather (60's preferably) would come back because I definitely am a "warmer" weather girl. 

Anyways, my week was a bit boring so I'll be moving right along to all the links I've been loving!



1.) Paulina made a post about drinking more water and it's so helpful!

2.) This whole post about wearing leggings as pants is something all girls need to read to look appropriate!

3.) Carolina's post about a smartphone detox is something I'm going to try over winter break!


5.) This post about 5 reasons why I don't need a man is very reassuring if you're going through heartbreak or feeling lonely and single.

6.) Kelly's 2016 Winter Guide is so cute and cool! I'd love to make one myself one day!



9.) This video about self love is something EVERYONE needs to watch! It's so motivational and reassuring. I did cry through it all because it was so touching. 

This week on My Life as Alyson:

2 comments:

  1. My sister is finishing up her finals too- it can be SO stressful! Wishing you the best of luck! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cute!! And no I still haven't got used to the time change either. :( I am glad I'm not the only one.

    http://www.one-hautemess.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!