Saturday, January 7, 2017

Weekly Update #1 | 2017

Wow, I can't believe it is seriously 2017. I've found that this new year I haven't had too much trouble writing the date, but I have had a little trouble grasping the fact that it is 2017. My friends at the art table and I freaked in the middle of class because in a year we're all going to be legal adults. Like what the heck, I still feel 12, haha! 

I hope y'all have had  good week. Mine has been insanely stressful and draining and I am so insanely happy that it's the weekend. My teachers really weren't joking about 2nd semester being hardcore and crazy. My English teacher thought it was a good idea to assign two essays throughout the week and my Pre Calc and Chemistry teachers decided it would be good to give quizzes. I'm already done with this school year and we're only a week into the semester! Granted I'm just exhausted because I'm trying to get back into the rhythm of waking up at 6:30 every morning, so my lack of sleep kind of causes me to freak out a little more than normal. 

One good thing involving school happened and that is that we got to get out of school early because of snow! Granted it was only an hour early, but it gave me time to get my homework done earlier than I normally do. I had to stop mid way through my assignments because my mom, brother, and I had to go to the vet with the dog (yes all three of us had to come, you'll find out why soon). My dog had hurt his leg in the backyard Tuesday- probably because of running after a rabbit or squirrel- and tore his ACL. Yes, my dog tore his ACL. The trip to the vet was a bit of a family event because we needed my brother to carry the dog in and I always come with my mom to vet appointments. The vet just looked at how my dog was walking and instantly knew it was his ACL. He checked out Sosa's leg and that was the diagnosis, he tore it. Keep in mind my dog is 12. Yes, 12, and he acts just like a puppy. My dog is crazy, haha! The vet said that if we're lucky it'll heal by itself. We just need to keep our eyes on Sosa for a while. If he's walking on it pretty okay by the end of the week he wont need surgery. Let's just hope he wont need it!

Friday night my county announced that school would be out because of the snow and I couldn't be more thankful for it! We honestly could've gone on a delay, we didn't have a lot of snow compared to what we sometimes get, but hey I'm not arguing about having a full day off! I needed just one day to relax from the stress of coming back to school. Y'all, my Pre Calc and AP English classes are so freaking hard. I'm definitely going to be studying this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. My dog is pretty old too and still acts like a pup, but I wouldn't change him for the world! x
    https://ciaraslittleblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily my dogs feeling much better! Even though he's injured he's so active! He's a handful, but I love him so much, haha.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your sweet dog!! Will be praying and do keep us updated!
    xo
    Maggie
    maggieroyce.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Right now we're really considering giving him the surgery because he has such an active lifestyle and it would be a more guaranteed correct recovery. I'll keep y'all updated on more! Thanks for your prayers.

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!