Saturday, January 14, 2017

Weekly Update #2 | 2017

The only way to recap this week is by saying, it. Was. Insane. Period. 

Totally insane. 

Monday was the main reason my week was bonkers. There was a little too much drama occurring and I just couldn't wrap my mind around any of it. Like do you ever have so much drama flooding you at once, that you just kind of break down, but not into tears, just that you can't process much of anything anyone is talking about that has to do with the drama? Am I making any sense whatsoever, probably not because I'm writing this pretty sleep deprived, haha. It was just such a ridiculous week. Oh High School, it's just so great. #howmanydaystilligraduate

I like to keep things on a light note though, and not complain too much on the blog (I save the venting and complaining to tell my best friends, haha). There were plenty of light notes through the week that I wanted to share with y'all in a new style of weekly update. Instead of just recapping the week with one big paragraph, a picture, and link I loved, I thought I'd do a bit of pictures of all the momentous things that occurred during the week.

:::One:::

Last Friday we had a snow day luckily and it took forever for the snow to go away! I LOVE snow days and sadly all the snow is gone and rain has taken its place. I love how the snow looks against the fence in our backyard. This photo doesn't show how pretty the blues really look, but I just wanted to share it for memories.

:::Two:::

My family are very avid collectors of recipes. If you say you have a good recipe, my mom is whipping out her recipe card and writing it down. We have recipes from all of my moms friends, her friends moms friends, her mothers friends, third cousins, aunts, her mom- okay I'm over exaggerating, haha. We just a ton of great recipes stashed in one little basket above the cubby in the kitchen. The recipes that take up the most space in the basket are my mom's, my Grandma's, and my Great Grandma's, and now  my pancake recipe is in there. Granted I found that recipe somewhere in the deep depths of Pinterest where ten million other pancake recipes are. They're SUCH a hit though in my house that I knew I had to write it down on a card. I mean it's still a recipe passed along kind of like how you'd get recipes from friends so I thought it deserved a place in the basket. It you were curious as to whose handwriting is mine, mine's the one not written in cursive, haha. I learned how to write in cursive, I've just never kept up doing it enough to make it pretty.

:::Three:::

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for Sosa! I got a request to give updates and I definitely will! If you read my last weekly update post you'll know about the whole situation of him tearing his ACL. He's managing walking on three legs, and it's been very impressive to see him adapt. He hasn't gotten too much better and surgery is still a possibility. I'm still hoping we wont have to go that route, but I'd rather him be back to his normal lifestyle than having to walk with a limp or sore leg. This was taken last Friday at the vet when we went to see what happened to his leg. Funny enough, he was very content sitting in my moms lap even though he is NOT a lap dog, haha.


2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about all that drama! If you ever need someone to rant to, I'm always here:)
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Sydney thank you so much!!!! Luckily it's toned down, but thank you!

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all so don't be afraid to comment! I read them all and I try to respond to everyone!
Keep in mind if your comment is rude or irrelevant I do reserve the right to take it down. I like to keep my blog a fun and happy place that people enjoy coming to and I just ask that you respect that!